The Ethical working group will meet to focus on Purchasing Practices and Monitoring and Evaluation session.
Our proposed agenda is below – please send any input on the agenda to Louise no later than the 12th April 2021.
• Introduction – reminder of last meetings agenda/ new FNET resources/ key member updates since last meeting
• Purchasing Practices
- Purchasing practices research – What is the latest research telling us and what does this mean for members? Contract inclusions/ engagement of legal teams/ FLEX report and implications for purchasing decisions
- Impact of Covid – what impact has Covid had on purchasing practices? Positive or negative? Group input
- Member presentation – Purchasing Practice surveys – how do they work, what do they tell you and what do you do next?
- Member presentation – Training of Purchasing colleagues – what works/ what doesn’t work/ what happens next
- Group discussion – How can these tools be used? what else do you need to do to engage commercial colleagues? Who else needs to involved in the discussion
• Monitoring and Evaluation
- Member case study (1 retailer and 1 supplier) – the challenges and successes of developing indicators to measure ethical trade/ human rights performance
- Group discussion – What guidance/ tools/ case studies do you need to make progress in this area?
• Working group next steps/ dates and AOB.
If you would like to join this working group please email firstname.lastname@example.org